Shervin House – Beginner Violin Course – Learn Violin from Scratch
What you’ll learn
- You will learn to play beautiful songs on your violin
- You will learn the foundations of playing the violin, which will set you up with all the fundamentals you need to succeed long term
- You will learn how to read music, how to tune your violin, how to best preserve your instrument, and all kinds of other “quality of life” information that every violin player should know
- How to hold the violin properly
- How to hold the bow with the correct grip
- How to play the bow on the violin in a straight line
- How to use your left hand fingers on the violin
- How to read music
- How to tune the violin
- How to play open strings
- How to play simple songs (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)
- How to play Stacatto
- How to play Legato
- How to manage your bow
- How to play louder or softer using the weight on the bow
- How to play beginner level songs
- How to play more complicated songs
- How to perform a pizzicato
- How to play accents
- How to count the rhythm
- How to perform an upbeat
- How to perform dynamics in songs
- How to perform rit. and a tempo
- How to perform vibrato
- How to perform songs close to the intermediate level (Gavotte)
- How to tune (advanced version)
- How to use the metronome beats for practicing more effectively
- How to find sheet music online
- No experience required, all the required material are covered in the course
Hi there, my name is Shervin House. I am an experienced Violin Instructor, as well as being certified in Violin performance & Music Theory by the Royal Conservatory of Music.
Cynthia: “This is a great course. It explains everything very easily as if I am standing in front of the instructor. Can’t wait to start playing a song.”
Are you struggling with learning the violin on your own? Do you find private lessons to be too costly and time consuming? Are you looking for an all inclusive course that covers all the fundamentals that a violin master needs to know?
This course is a complete guide for beginner violin players. It is the most in depth violin course available online, and the one that gives you the most similar experience to taking private lessons with a violin instructor such as myself.
Jo: “Amazing course. 2 days and I can play 3 songs already not perfectly but pretty damn well which is apparently hard for a violin, not with this instructor! Further to that I have alot of questions, I worked out why this morning its because I’m a bit short haha! The questions are answered super fast and in great detail. I couldn’t be happier, and I cannot believe how easy it is to learn. Fully recommend for anyone wanting to learn!”
My aim with this program was to create a course that teaches you all the fundamentals properly from the beginning; stuff like holding the violin properly, holding the bow properly, reading music, playing notes, different styles of bowing, fingering techniques, dynamics, etc.
As well as this, I was careful to include exercises and training material at every stage of the learning in order to make sure you are always aware of what you should work on, what you need to practice and how to do it. Throughout this course, we also cover 17 songs with increasing difficulty, so that with every song we encounter a new challenge, as well as learn new techniques while practicing the ones we learned previously.
Dipankar: “I’ve never touched a violin before. I bought it on the 18th of January 2021 and yet, the way he teaches has made the instrument look almost easy. Particularly, being able to read sheet music makes me feel awesome. Besides, I get answers to all my questions. He’s even reviewed a few audio clips of me playing. Thank you. You’re a great teacher!!”
What can you expect from this course?
- A complete guide for those who are beginners to music
- All the basics covered, material such as how to read music, how to tune a violin, techniques, etc.
- The most similar experience possible to taking private violin lessons
- All questions answered within 24 hours
- All audio files reviewed and given feedback on within 24 hours
- 17 songs, 3 scales & arpeggios covered. All the sheet music pdfs included for download
- Songs ranging from beginner to intermediate, in the order of increasing difficulty throughout the course
- All the techniques that you must learn as a violin player are covered in detail, along with exercises and training; these techniques include but not limited to staccato, legato, pizzicato, rit., accents, slurs, dynamics, etc.
- And of course… 30 day money back guarantee! (No questions asked)
If you have never played a violin before, or if you are a beginner and are struggling with learning the fundamentals on your own, follow me and together we will learn how to play beautiful songs on your instrument.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners
- Perfect for all ages; clear instructions for children and adults alike
- Those who want to learn playing the violin, even if they have little to no prior experience
- Those who are looking for a comprehensive course that comes as close as possible to a private lesson experience
- Those who think playing the violin is “too hard” or “I’m not talented enough”… trust me, with the right instructions & proper practice, anyone can play the violin
- Those who want to learn without paying thousands of dollars for private lessons; this course is meant to be an affordable option for anyone around the world, while still enabling you to learn as well as if you had taken private lessons