First, we will learn about the REIT industry’s unique drivers and challenges. We will then build REIT financial and valuation models from scratch, using a step-by-step approach for an actual company, BRE Properties. Along the way, we will cover modeling best practices for same store properties, acquisitions, developments, and dispositions. In addition, we model and deconstruct critical REIT profit metrics like FFO, AFFO, and CAD. Part 2 dives into valuation modeling, with a focus on the Net Asset Value (NAV) approach.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- In-depth REIT industry profile, drivers, terminology, tax advantages and structure (UPREIT’s and DOWNREIT’s)
- Segment-level modeling (same store properties, acquisitions, developments, and dispositions)
- REIT sector-specific drivers and forecasting best practices
- Common REIT valuation approaches including Net Asset Value (NAV), comparable company and transaction analyses, and discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis
- Modeling REIT-specific metrics and ratios – funds from operations (FFO) and adjusted funds from operations (AFFO / CAD)
Read more about: Wall Street Prep