Elia Locardi – Photographing the World 3
Salepage: Elia Locardi – Photographing the World 3
In this tutorial, Elia explores his favorite country, Italy, as well as two of the largest mega cities in the world, New York City and Dubai. Building upon the first two Photographing the World series, part III explores more advanced editing techniques as well as unique capturing methods in the field. Elia finds himself capturing stars in a city, dealing with harsh weather, scouting towns he has never previously visited, gaining access to unique rooftop views, using tilt shift lenses and Gigapan hardware, and even capturing the magnificant fog of Dubai.
Back in 2014, Fstoppers teamed up with landscape photographer Elia Locardi to produce two unique photography tutorials titled Photographing the World. In the first tutorial, Photographing The World: Landscape Photography and Post-Processing, Elia set out to build an introductory course that explores both his on-location shooting techniques along with his sophisticated post processing. In the second tutorial, Photographing the World: Cityscape, Astrophotography, and Advanced Post-Processing, Elia switches gears by photographing some of the world’s most beautiful cityscapes as well as introducing much more complex editing techniques in Photoshop.
In 2017 we are excited to announce that the world wide journey continues with Photographing the World III! In this tutorial, Elia explores his favorite country, Italy, as well as two of the largest mega cities in the world, New York City and Dubai. Building upon the first two Photographing the World series, part III explores more advanced editing techniques as well as unique capturing methods in the field.
Elia finds himself capturing stars in a city, dealing with harsh weather, scouting towns he has never previously visited, gaining access to unique rooftop views, using tilt shift lenses and Gigapan hardware, and even capturing the magnificant fog of Dubai. If you have been waiting for our next adventure with Elia Locardi, welcome to Photographing the World III!
Elia Locardi is an internationally acclaimed professional travel photographer, Fujifilm Global Ambassador, writer, public speaker and highly experienced educator who spends his life shooting some of the most beautiful locations in the world. Location independent since March of 2012, he and his wife live a 100% mobile lifestyle, perpetually traveling from country to country, continuously circling the globe. Since he began traveling full-time in 2009, he has visited more than 55 countries and flown almost two million miles.
Using a combination of traditional in-camera techniques, targeted times of day, and advanced post-processing methods, Elia has developed a widely recognized and highly unique style of travel photography. With each photograph, his goal is to share his vision so others can see the world as he does, full of color, texture, depth and emotion. Fstoppers is excited to team up with Elia to share even more of his advanced photography process as we transition out of the natural landscape world and into some of the world’s most incredible man made cities and wonders.
What’s Covered in this Tutorial
- In-Camera Photography Techniques (ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture, White Balance, etc)
- Overview of ideal lenses and gear for Cityscape and Astrophotography
- Examples of New Lightweight Tripods, Clamps, and Accessories
- Extensive Location Scouting and Tips for better composition, angles, and vantage points
- How To Set Up Precise Camera Gear to Capture Hard to Work With Shooting Locations
- Advanced Panoramic Photography Shooting and Stitching
- GigaPano Multi-Row Panoramic Shooting and Stitching
- Working in Urban Environments and Proper Gear Setup and Control
- Solid Neutral Density Filters and Softening Skies and Water
- How to Use Smart Phone Apps to Precisely Plan Your Night and Astro-Photography
- Capturing Stars and Star Trails Over Urban Environments
- Understanding and Mastering Light (Golden Hour, Blue Hour, Sunrise and Sunset, and Astro)
- Time Blending (combining exposures shot at different times)
- Bracketing and Multiple Exposure Blending
- 100% Manual Exposure Blending using Zero HDR Software
- Blending Different Moments in Time Together (Blending Different Times of Day Seamlessly)
- Non-Destructive Techniques to Master RAW Processing
- Extensive Non-Destructive Color Correction and Image Adjustment
- Complex Selections and Masking Techniques
- How to Create and Work With Luminosity Masking Techniques
- Advanced Luminosity Masking
- Compound Channel Masking for Precision Selections and Color Corrections
- Advanced Object Removal and Image Cleanup
- How to Replace Skies and Add Depth and Drama to Existing Ones
- Precision Sharpening and Selective Noise Reduction
Readmore about: Elia LocardiShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1