Doug D’Anna – How To Write Long Copy That Makes Money
Archive : Doug D’Anna – How To Write Long Copy That Makes Money
If you’d like to learn the incredibly simple formula
behind my copywriting success, I invite you to
view my classic 1992 video…
How to Write Long Copy
That Makes Money
Dear A-list Copywriter,
When I wrote The Great Retirement Betrayal 20 years ago, I had no idea that it would become one of Phillips Investment Resources’ most successful direct mail packages ever.
Frankly, it was my first “real” direct mail package for an A-level client. I was just hoping they’d hire me back. And hire me back they did!
After all, my direct mail package simply crushed their previous two-year control and was unbeatable for three years. In the end, more than 25 million pieces were mailed, and my life has never been the same.
In fact, this direct mail piece was so massively successful that the buzz about the promotion rippled through the industry. It’s no wonder. Denny Hatch received a copy and gushed for three pages about it in Who’s Mailing What! , declaring:
“The magalog format is not only alive and well, but has reached the state of perfection with Doug D’Anna’s effort for The Retirement Letter .”
As a result, not only did I receive calls from Forbes, Prevention Health Books, Boardroom, and other A-level clients asking me to write for them…
…but I also heard from local members of the Newsletter Publishers Association who practically begged me to make a presentation at our chapter meeting on how to write long editorial-style copy.
So I not only accepted the invitation to speak but also videotaped my presentation!
After all, I was new in the business. I was thinking I could send the video out with my copywriting samples as part of my presentation kit!
Ultimately, I did nothing with the tape, and for years I thought I had lost it.
So I can’t tell you how excited I was to find it while remodeling my office this year. Viewing it was even more thrilling!
After all, the video brought me back to where I had started: a young guy with his first grand slam under his belt, excited to share his success with all who would listen.
That’s why I had my presentation, How to Write Long Copy That Makes Money converted, to DVD. And why I’d like to share it with you now:
To let you know that you, too, are just one breakthrough away from rising to the top of the A-list, and (more important)…
So you can apply my techniques and win more controls!
|Here’s What America’s Top Direct Marketers Say About Doug D’Anna“Since Gary Bencivenga retired, Doug D’Anna has fast become our go-to-guy.”
“His outside-the-box thinking and uncanny ability to connect with customers makes Doug a pleasure to work with. Time and again Doug has accepted with enthusiasm those really tough assignments that most copywriters shy away from, and delivered us breakthrough successes on several of our toughest-to-market services.”
— Chris Marett Sr. Group Publisher, Phillips Investment Resources
“Writers who can consistently create powerful direct marketing campaigns are as rare as trumpeter swans. I know of only about six in the entire country. Doug D’Anna is on that short list of star writers I never hesitate to recommend.
“Quick story: one time I encountered a direct mail so excellent, I felt compelled to pen a note to the advertiser, a newsletter publisher, telling him that his copywriter, whoever he or she is, deserves a raise. Many months later, I learned the writer was Doug. I wasn’t surprised. With him writing your copy, you are in good hands.”
— Gary Bencivenga, Editor, Bencivenga Bullets
“Boardroom’s state-of-the-art direct marketing operation—which has created some of the best selling books and newsletters ever—is built squarely on the back of only the best direct mail copywriters in the world. We only hire the best. Ours is a very, very short list … and I’m proud to say Doug D’Anna’s name has been on it since 1993.”
— Brian Kurtz, executive vice president, Boardroom Inc.(Publisher of Bottom Line/Personal)
“Nobody is better at getting your customers to buy!”
“Doug helps you take advantage of the big trends in direct marketing the way a surfer catches the big waves. One of my favorite examples is the promotion he wrote for our flagship newsletter, Personal Finance, called “Boom or Bust Ahead for Technology Stocks?”
During the tech craze, his sales copy not only captured 40,000 new subscribers when our editor rated most techs ‘avoid’ but also was able to remain true to our publication’s editorial mission.
I have a name for what Doug does: Zeitgeist marketing. And nobody is better than he is at relating your product to the trends, creating a compelling sales argument, and then getting your customers to buy!”
— Walter Pearce, president, KCI Communications
“Over the years, Doug and I worked on several winning direct mail packages together. He has great ideas, executes them well, and responds to feedback like the consummate team player. Most importantly, his copy produces results. On top of that, his working style not only made my job easier but also made me look good!”
— Kim Hockaday, Former Marketing Director, Financial Service Associates
“Thanks again for delivering clean, highly-targeted copy that doesn’t require endless rounds of revisions. Most importantly, thanks for delivering copy that sells and turning it around on a dime.”
–Jennifer Keene, FORBES Internet Marketing Manager
“We pay Doug D’Anna twice what we pay other copywriters…”
“…in terms of both fees and royalties because his copy consistently delivers twice the orders. I highly recommend him.”
—Nannette Dorsey, direct marketing consultant
“I was fortunate to work with Doug D’Anna on a couple of hugely successful direct mail campaigns. D’Anna had a unique formula for success—from the cadence of his prose, to the talent to tease—his stringing of words keeps audiences’ attention. Selling is the name of the game, and D’Anna controls have done that to the tune of millions.”
—Agustin Rawat, product manager, Utility Forecaster
“In direct marketing, it’s all about ROI. You either win or lose. And Doug D’Anna has consistently proven that he’s a winner.”
—Phil Ash, product manager, KCI Communications
“Doug, your short eletter brought in over 1,700 orders in only a few weeks. Thanks again, and keep up the good work!”
—Josh Wolfe, Wolfe Nanotech Report
“Doug D’Anna is one of the most persuasive copywriters in the country, and I’ve worked with them all.”
—William Fridrich, Fridrich Design
“This is a guy who knows how to sell!”
“Since I started using Doug’s persuasive writing and selling formulas three years ago, I’ve not only landed more business but also learned how to charge more for my design services. This is a guy who knows how to sell. Thanks for helping me grow my company!”
—Lori Haller, Shadow Oak Studio
“The magalog format is not only alive and well, but has reached the state of perfection with Doug D’Anna’s effort for The Retirement Letter.”
—Denny Hatch, founder and editor, Who’s Mailing What!
“I want to make Doug D’Anna richer than his wildest dreams so that nobody will be able to tap his wonderful talent.”
—Richard Stanton-Jones, vice president, Phillips Publishing
To be sure, my presentation takes only 30 minutes, and there is a slight audio glitch in the first 30 seconds. But it covers how I wrote The Great Retirement Betrayal, along with the same simple steps I have used over the years to help me win many controls over other top talent.
I believe that if you can apply just one or two of my ideas you’ll get from the DVD, you could see the same kind of success that I have enjoyed.
As part of a special introductory offer, you can watch it risk-free for 30 days Plus receive a free copy of my record breaking promotion, The Great Retirement Betrayal. More about that in a moment. But first, here’s…
What You’ll Learn in This 30-Minute Video
- First and foremost, you’ll learn that you, too, can start from scratch and rise to the top of the copywriting field. As I always tell my friends and readers, if I can make it as an A-level copywriter, anyone can. Watching me—as a young 37-year-old—proves it!
- You’ll also learn how I come up with winning ideas. I know you’ve read on the Internet about magic copywriting words and other tricks. But truly, the key to success isn’t the snappiness of your headline—it really comes down to knowing what to write about.
- In this video, I’ll explain how you can develop a strong sales premise along with three questions you should ask yourself before you begin writing any promotion. Ask the wrong questions of yourself and you’ll end up writing about the wrong things. This is always a package killer.
- I’ll also share with you my simple “ National Enquirer ” method for identifying the “want-to-know” information that your prospects…well, want to know. Plus how to put this information together in a way that piques their interest, increases their desire, and triggers their action.
- I’ll also explain why there’s no substitute for research and why the more your direct mail promotions resemble a magazine or special report, the greater your chances are of creating a winner.
- In addition, you’ll discover my own approach to writing headlines and why I prefer the BIG headline over the multiple-headline, magazine-like mailers.
- I’ll also share with you my simple MBWA (“management by walking around”) approach to identifying the big headline.
- Plus you’ll discover how you can mine promotion gold at magazine stands and how writing with an editorial slant will pay off in droves.
And that’s really just the half of it!
- I’ll also give you a peek into my second big winner , a magalog launch package for personal finance experts Ken and Daria Dolans. I didn’t know it at the time, but my “Tap the Hidden Wealth Inside Your Paycheck” promotion was hugely successful. You’ll certainly see my excitement as you watch the DVD.
- You’ll also learn—perhaps for the first time—how to craft an expert-level “reason why” argument. I explain how to lay out your reasons and organize them with strong headlines. Plus, I reveal why Reader’s Digest presents a great model for copywriters.
- In addition, I’ll share with you my simple “so what?” approach to identifying compelling themes , along with how to write in a way that solves your readers’ problems.
- Ultimately, you’ll discover how to open up a conversation that results in a sale rather than sounds like another sales pitch. Plus my secret weapon for writing highly motivational copy and tell you why most copywriters are swiping the wrong stuff.
I guarantee you’ll understand why we as copywriters are really in the relationship business and why we should strive to put that relationship into everything we do.
In all, you’ll learn the techniques that I used to create the most successful direct mail packages in Phillips Investment Resources ’history… that have helped me become one of the highest-paid copywriters in the U.S. today… and can now help you enjoy greater success from all of your copywriting efforts–without risking a dime.
So What’s This Going to Cost?
Given the success I’ve had over the years, you would think I would charge an arm and a leg for a copy of this classic video. Frankly, that would go against my goal of helping as many people as I can to get to the next level.
That’s why I’m offering the DVD along with a transcript of the video and a FREE copy of the multimillion-piece promotion The Great Retirement Betrayal (a $39 value alone!)—to my A-list members for just $97.
That way you’ll get both my strategy for writing long copy that makes money and the piece that launched my career.
Watch the DVD Risk-Free
for 30 Days and Then Decide
As I regularly remind my fellow copywriters and A-list readers, I would have never been able to build my copywriting business from $0 to $500,000 in annual income if I didn’t:
Go the extra mile,
Meet or exceed my client’s expectations, and
That’s why you must be impressed and delighted with my classic video. You must feel that it will help you not only write long copy that makes money…
…but also create more powerful, more effective, and more lucrative advertisements, emails, and Web pages.
If you don’t agree that the information I share with you will help you write long copy that makes money, as the title states, then please send the DVD back and I’ll refund your $97—no questions asked.
All my techniques and methodologies are yours to use, as my way of saying thanks for giving my How to Write Long Copy That Makes Money a free try.
Naturally, I couldn’t make you this offer if everyone who viewed my short video sent it back. But to date nobody has, and I think you’ll want to keep it for years.
When you add everything up, you’ll agree that it’s a heck of a deal.
Without risking a dime, you can take 30 days to view my video, study my winning direct mail package, apply my copywriting formula to your projects, and see the kind of results you’ve been waiting for.
Then you can decide—on your own terms—if you want to keep it or not. It’s the same fair-and-square deal I offer all my clients.
How can you say no?
Click here now to get started. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
There are no reviews yet.