Centreofexcellence – Printmaking Diploma Course
What Will You Learn?
This course offers a great introduction to the medium – taking you through your first steps in printmaking and exposing you to a variety of styles, techniques and methods, so that you may identify which resonates with you most.
You’ll come away with a working knowledge of printmaking and the various ways in which it can be used for expression. Furthermore, you’ll have a better idea of how you might continue on your creative journey to exhibit and sell your artwork.
The Printmaking Diploma Course begins with a look at the different types of tools and equipment that printmakers and carvers use, along with how to repurpose household products and objects from nature to create unique prints.
Proceeding through the course, you’ll learn about a variety of printing types – exploring their differing styles and techniques. You’ll discover monoprinting, rubber stamping, lino carving, block printing, printing with flowers and plants, printing on eggs with dye and botanicals, printing on three-dimensional objects, serigraphy/silkscreen printing, and intaglio.
The course concludes with a look at how to start a printmaking business and hold your first printmaking exhibition, along with how to protect your wares should you decide to sell and what to consider when valuing your prints.
By studying this course, you will: Printmaking Diploma Course
- Gain a good foundation in a variety of printmaking and carving types
- Understand how to plan and design patterns
- Be able to carve and incise your own printing plates using a variety of materials
- Be familiar with several ways to repurpose, recycle and reuse items in printmaking
- Gain insight into printmaking for business
What will I learn on the course?
- Module 1: Introduction to Printmaking
- Module 2: Tools, Supplies, Repurposing Equipment in Printmaking
- Module 3: Introduction to Monoprinting
- Module 4: Rubber Stamping—Carving Your Own Stamp
- Module 5: Introduction to Linocuts and More Complex Prints
- Module 6: Introduction to Block Printing
- Module 7: Eco-Printing I—Using Botanicals
- Module 8: Eco-Printing II—Printing on Eggshells
- Module 9: Introduction to Printmaking on Ceramic Bisque
- Module 10: Introduction to Serigraphy
- Module 11: Introduction to Intaglio Printmaking
- Module 12: Using Printmaking for Business
Who Would Benefit from This Course?
Whether you haven’t done art since school or you’re a hobbyist or professional looking to branch out into other mediums, the Printmaking Diploma Course will provide you with an essential foundation in the techniques, methods and design processes of printmaking, along with an exploration of how printmaking has developed throughout history.
Read more about : CentreofexcellenceShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1