Coach April – THE HIDDEN TRUTHS OF FOOD LABELS
Here’s What’s Included in THE HIDDEN TRUTHS OF FOOD LABELS:
Don’t be fooled by fancy packaging!
Food labels are often misunderstood and can be misleading yet still fall under the guidelines of the FDA. Knowing how to read a food label is much more than looking at the calories and fat. After completing this course you will be able to make quick informed decisions about the food products you purchase.
This course will help you move past the fancy marketing, claims and logos and get to the bottom of what’s really in the product.
Here’s some of what you will learn:
- What the claims on a package really mean. Just because it’s fat free doesn’t mean it’s good for you.
- Detect the hidden ingredients so you can make a quick decision on purchasing the product or putting it back on the shelf.
- Understanding ALL the line items on the nutritional facts panel.
- Getting a jump on the NEW food label coming in 2018 so you can make the transition seamlessly.
- Printouts to help find sugars and fats on the ingredients list.
- A printable PDF with the descriptions of nutrient claims
- A printable PDF of the certified and non-certified labeling on packaging (organic, grassfed, and free range). You’ll be surprised to find the requirements and testing for such claims really are.
“Since working with April I have learned the importance of reading a food labels and planning my trip to the grocery store. As a busy mom, I have limited time. April has helped me food planning and preparation tips so that I can maintain my health and wellness goals and provide healthy food my young son will love too!” – Sara Christman
Hi! I’m April Dearden. I’ve been coaching people on their health and wellness goals for over 5 years. I’m a Certified Nutritionist & Wellness Coach and have helped hundreds of people create healthy habits that are sustainable for a lifetime. I focus on lifestyle change, NO QUICK FIXES HERE! I coach on the 4 pillars of wellness; proper nutrition, exercise, supplementation and stress management. I understand the struggles of a busy life. I’m a single mom and run my own business.
When I ed my personal wellness journey I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). My eating habits were poor, I was stressed to the max and never exercised. Because Diabetes runs in my family I was very concerned that my blood sugar could lead to all the health risk I saw my grandma, uncle and dad go through. I knew I wanted to avoid going on medication and that changing lifestyle was the answer. Over the years I’ve learned the short cuts to make a life of wellness easier and sustainable. Now I help others, LIKE YOU, do the same!
- Let’s Get ed!
- Navigating the course
- Please & thank you
- Move Past The Marketing
- Don’t them fool you
- Health Claims (2:41)
- Nutrient Claims (1:47)
- Structure/Function Claims (1:31)
Check you knowledge
Ingredients List – Go Here First
Read the ingredients list first
- Sugar – how to spot it (2:36)
- Fats – what’s good and what’s bad? – hidden trans fats (2:52)
- Carbohydrates – calculate your net carbs (2:01)
- Introduction (0:17)
- Serving Size & Servings Per Container (1:43)
- Calories (0:58)
- Fats (0:38)
- Cholesterol & Sodium (0:31)
- Carbohydrates (Fiber & Sugar) (0:43)
- Protein (0:29)
- Vitamins & Minerals (1:03)
- 2018 Food label…Coming soon to a grocery store near you
- Certified & Non-Certified Logos and labeling
- Full Course PDF