- Technology Updates that Improve Outcomes
- New Procedures that Expand the Treatment Window
- The Best Medications and Key Timing Guidelines
- Assessment Data You Should NEVER Miss
- Making Sense of the Mimics
- 10 Years Later: The Evolution of the Primary Stroke Center
52-year-old John presents to the ER reporting that he has a headache that just doesn’t go away and his vision is a little blurry. He is sure it is just another sinus infection. As you are taking his history you notice he is slurring some of his words and suddenly he slumps over. Are you prepared for the emergency that is happening right in front of you? Patients may present with or develop neurological symptoms at any time, making it essential that healthcare providers possess the ability – and the confidence – to quickly assess these changes and intervene appropriately. Stroke patients have a short window for treatment and they depend on your expertise. Join Cedric McKoy, MSN, ACNP, for this in-depth look at the advances in stroke management. Every nurse needs to know these critical concepts in order to provide the best and most up-to-date care to patients and their families. Cedric is well known for his ability to make complex concepts understandable and provides useful tips and tools you can immediately put into practice.
Register today and be prepared to make the difference between a good and bad outcome when faced with your next stroke emergency.
- Summarize the latest clinical advances in stroke assessment and treatment.
- Describe the rationale behind acute perfusion strategies, including the indications and contraindications with t-PA and Mechanical Clot retrieval.
- Explain the role of a Stroke Rapid Response Team.
- Demonstrate a focused neurological exam for the patient potentially experiencing a stroke.
- Compare ischemic and hemorrhagic strokes.
- Develop a plan of care for a patient in the hyper-acute stage of stroke treatment.
Stroke Prevention Updates
- Guidelines for Modifiable Risk Factors
- Hypertension Recommendations
- Cardiac Connections
- Obesity Epidemic
- Are We Making Progress?
Challenges of the Neuro Exam
- Determining Mental Status
- Cranial Nerve Assessment Key Findings
- Differentiating the Cause When Seconds Count
- NIHSS Guidelines
- Stroke Rapid Response Teams
Identifying Stroke Mimics and Chameleons
- Interpreting Imaging & Other Diagnostics
- Metabolic Problems
- Central Nervous System Problems
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Migraine Headaches
Acute Stroke Care
- The Stroke Timeline
- Critical History Questions
- Hyper-Acute Care Standards
- Time Targets for Triage
- Key Diagnostics
- Acute Blood Pressure Management
- Thrombotic Strokes
- Major Symptoms by Region
- Hypercoagulable Work-up
- Embolic Strokes
- Symptoms by Arterial Involvement
Current Management Strategies
- Joint Commission Core Measures
- Fluid Management
- Seizure Management
- Intra-Arterial t-PA
- Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Compressive Craniectomy
- Mechanical Clot Retrieval
- MERCI Retriever
- Treatments on the Horizon
- AANN Guidelines & Expected Outcomes
- Latest Clinical Treatment Advances
- Managing Increased Intracranial Pressure
- Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Grading Scales
Limiting Complications of Stroke
- Controversial Therapies
- Nursing Responsibilities
- New Technology Improving Outcomes
Stroke Medication from A to Z
- Glycemic Control
- Clinical Trials on the Horizon
Expanding the Role of the Primary Stroke Center
- The Transition to Comprehensive Stroke Centers
- Best Demonstrated Practices
- Updates & Improvements More than a Decade Later
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to TheDLCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your TheDLCourse account then going to Downloads Page.