2-Day Trauma & Memory Workshop: Clinical Strategies to Resolve Traumatic Memories and Help Clients Reclaim Their Lives – Peter Levine
Nothing is worse than failing to help the clients who need you the most… clients terrorized by traumatic memories and stuck in their feelings of paralyzing anxiety, fear and helplessness that leaves them in debilitating physical pain.
Trauma is intrinsic to the body as the mind and your clients need more than traditional talk therapy from you.
Help your clients get unstuck today. Achieve a deeper yet concise understanding of how trauma impacts both the body and mind. Learn from Peter Levine, Ph.D. – legendary clinician, researcher and author in the field of trauma and memory – and master the principals of his Somatic Experiencing® to quickly reduce symptomology in your clients and treat the traumatic memories that haunt them.
Join thousands of therapists who have embraced Dr. Levine’s somatic practices for treating PTSD, attachment injuries, sexual abuse, chronic pain and other forms of complex trauma. With 50 years of research and clinical work, Dr. Levine’s body-oriented techniques are extensively honed into seminal books, research and psychotherapeutic advancements.
During Trauma and Memory Course, Dr. Levine will give you step-by-step instructions to release traumatic stress, access and release suppressed emotions, move through developmental plateaus… and more powerful interventions for treating trauma, building resilience and empowering your clients.
Change your clinical work and change your life
By mastering Dr. Levine’s essential methods to traumatic memories and its impact on the body… you will elevate your treatment of complex, deeply-entrenched trauma, overcome roadblocks frustrating you and your clients, and get your clients lasting relief.
Discover exactly how to:
- Break down and understand the significance of memory systems in the resolution of trauma
- Quickly reduce symptomology in your clients and treat their traumatic memories
- Apply body awareness and specific physiological techniques to renegotiate and treat trauma
- Immediately use Somatic Experiencing® tools to treat and address symptoms ranging from anxiety, depression, PTSD, and harmful behaviors to unexplained physical pain, fatigue, or illness
What You’ll Learn In 2-Day Trauma & Memory Workshop:
Trauma and the Body
- Developmental trauma from infancy and beyond
- Dopamine System, Socialization, Shame, Disgust
- Basic Matrix of brainstem & cerebellum
- Evolution and Polyvagal foundation
- How the body stores trauma
Deeper Understanding of Memory and Clinical Implications
- Explicit – More Conscious Memory: Declarative vs. Episodic
- Implicit – Less Conscious Memory: Emotional vs Procedural/Body Memory
- Practical tools for therapeutics for Emotions
- Therapeutics somatic/procedural memories that are non-verbal and non-conscious
- Clinical application for memory systems
- Long-term memory vs short-term memory
- How the brain and body store memory
- Memory engrams with somatic markers
- Fight, flight, freeze response
- Endorphins, vagal tone to bimodal sympathetic/parasympathetic cycling
- Uppgivenhetssyndrom (Resignation Syndrome)
How Clients Get “Stuck”
- Tonic immobility – The fallback to freeze
- Freeze couples with Fear
- Bracing and terror
- Euphoric dissociation
Somatic and Emotional Reactions to Trauma
- Symptoms and complexities of each in therapy
- Emotional – anxiety, depression
- Somatic – chronic pain, fibromyalgia
- Autonomic – migraines, irritable bowel
- Resolving Traumatic Reactions
The Basic Stages of Trauma Treatment
- Containment of strong sensation and emotion
- Pendulation – The dual opposites of sensation
- Address persistent inaction, impulsivity or avoidance
- Renegotiation of active for passive responses
- Allow things to settle: Self-Paced termination
Therapeutic Approaches to Treat Traumatic Memories
- The importance of “Bottom-Up” processing:
- The Paul MacLean’s Triune Brain
- Unspoken Voice
- Somatic Experiencing®:
- Renegotiation vs. Reliving
- Restoration of self-regulation
- Somatic experience of trauma
- Developing internal awareness
- Address persistent inaction, impulsivity or avoidance
- The mind-body connection in trauma work
- Help reinforce trust and acceptance in clients
- Incorporating client’s spirituality in trauma work
Readmore about: Peter LevineShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to TheDLCourse account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your TheDLCourse account then going to Downloads Page.
There are no reviews yet.